WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A POP UP PICNIC AND A PICNIC-TO-GO BASKET?
POP UP PICNIC:
• We take care of all the details so you just have to show up, have fun and enjoy your picnic experience on One Happy Island.
• Complete setup & cleanup by our Picnic Aruba team
• Food from one of our menus (breakfast, gourmet or vegan)
• Hand sanitizer
• Low set hand-crafted wooden picnic table
• Casual seating including blankets and scatter cushions/pillows
• Tablescaping and decor
• Boho style tipi/teepee
• Water station
• Personalized welcome sign
• All serveware; cutlery, plates, glasses, linen napkins etc
• Beach permit
• Two (2) hour time slot of picnicking
• A personal greeting by one of our team members to welcome you to your picnic on arrival but then we leave to give you complete privacy to enjoy your feast
Delivered direct to your door, hotel lobby or workplace so you can create your own picnic vibe wherever you choose.
• Food items from one of our menus (breakfast, gourmet or vegan)
• Eco-friendly packaging
• Serve-ware including plates, cutlery and napkins
• Vintage style picnic basket
• Plush extra large picnic blanket
• Basket, blanket and serve-ware will be collected by one of our Picnic Aruba team members from the same location as picnic delivery at an arranged time that same day
• Basket, serve-ware and blanket are not for keeps, they are for delivery purpose only
• Our picnic-to-go baskets do NOT include tipi or pop up picnic set up
HOW MUCH NOTICE DO YOU NEED TO CREATE A PICNIC?
We require at least 48hrs notice to prepare your pop up picnic. We do get fully booked, especially on weekends.
To avoid disappointment we recommend giving us as much notice as possible.
WHAT ARE THE FOOD OPTIONS?
Each pop up picnic and picnic-to-go basket has the choice of three (3) different menus; breakfast, vegan or gourmet.
All our picnics are hand packed with the freshest ingredients on the day of delivery and we recommend consuming within two (2) hours of receiving to ensure optimum freshness.
Picnic Aruba has something to suit every taste and budget.
Some menu items can be substituted for dietary requirements or personal preferences, extra costs may apply.
If an item is unavailable, we will substitute with a similar product.
While we make every effort to prevent cross contamination in our kitchen, we cannot guarantee that any food we make is 100% free of any specific allergen. For customers with serious allergies particular nut/dairy/gluten who may react to a trace of an allergen, it is important to recognise that even with this level of control there still may be traces of allergens present in the food from airborne contamination and in that case may not be suitable to eat.
DOES THE PICNIC ARUBA TEAM STAY DURING MY PICNIC?
No, we leave after you are settled to give you complete privacy to enjoy your feast and return once your picnic reservation ends. If you need us during your picnic, you can call, text or WhatsApp us and one of the Picnic Aruba Team can be on site within minutes. Our contact number can be found in your email confirmation or at the bottom of the page on our website.
CAN WE LEAVE WHENEVER WE WANT?
If you would like to leave earlier than the arranged time, please provide us a 30 minute notice via phone call, text or WhatsApp.
You are responsible for the picnic items until we are able to return and pack up.
HOW DO I SELECT A PICNIC LOCATION?
Our pre-approved picnic location is Surfside in front of Linear Park located in downtown Oranjestad. It's close to the waters edge, peaceful and tranquil and makes for the perfect picnic spot. Click here to see map.
DO I NEED A PERMIT?
For pop up picnics on the beach or in public spaces a permit is required. Don't worry though, Picnic Aruba has taken care of this already. With every pop up picnic a permit is already included as part of our service.
For picnic-to-go baskets no permit is necessary.
WHAT'S YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
We offer a 90% refund when notified via email up to 48hrs before reservation time and date due to our payment processor charging a 10% transaction fee.
WHAT HAPPENS IF THERE IS BAD WEATHER?
While bad weather in Aruba is rare, it does happen occasionally. If the weather looks like it may affect your reservation, we will contact you in advance of your picnic to discuss your options. There is no cancellation charge for rescheduling your picnic due to bad weather.